Baltimore, MD 16th Jan, 2015 – Enterprises Seeks Funding via Kickstarter to connect any High Precision GPS/GNSS Unit over Bluetooth to iOS.
The objective of this project is to allow the iOS device owners to benefit from their existing professional grade high precision GPS/GNSS receiver.
GIS consulting firm Aman Enterprises is looking to raise $20,000 to cover their expenses for the first production run.
While collecting mapping grade accuracy data on iPads or iPhones, it is often desirable/required to use a professional grade (sub-meter or cm level accuracy) GPS unit which simply cant be connected to iPads or iPhones today. Internal GPS on iPads and iPhones do not offer the accuracy, repeatability, and reliability that is currently offered by a professional grade GPS device. Connecting external high accuracy GPS devices to iPads and iPhones will allow users to collect highly accurate location data using any data collection app running on an iPad or iPhone including Collector for ArcGIS.
Through this project, Aman Enterprises wants to empower the iOS device owners by helping them connect and communicate with NMEA data emitting GPS/GNSS devices and other field sensors to iOS devices over Bluetooth. As a result, using one or more sensors in the field, it will be possible to collect data with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
The primary functions of the project are
- Utilizing the location data coming from the external GPS to override the internal GPS on iOS device. Therefore, without making any changes to the app, the accuracy of all existing apps using internal location services will be enhanced.
- To connect simultaneously with other NMEA data format emitting field sensors such as underground Cable Locators, Lasers, Resistographs, Audigraphs, etc. Therefore, the data collection application can benefit from the incorporation of data received from multiple sensors.
Some of the most important project requirements include
- Apple/mFi certified product with full support for apps on the App Store.
- IP67 or higher rating on the final product.
- Universal connectivity to any number of possible data sources for NMEA data.
- NTRIP Client for iOS.
- At least 10 hours of continuous use with internal battery on the device.
Aman Enterprises has added some additional features and certification requirements that were not accounted for while putting together the initial budget. Therefore, they are now in need of funding support. Their Kickstarter campaign has a funding goal of $20,000, and it will end on Feb 15, 2015.
To find out more about this campaign, please visit http://kck.st/1x71WVj
The official website of Aman Enterprises is http://amanenterprises.com/
About Aman Enterprises: Aman Enterprises is a full-service GIS consulting firm offering turnkey solutions in the GIS marketspace. They specialize in implementing and integrating ESRI product suite against different line of business applications including SAP, IBM Maximo, ArcFM, OnBase Document Management systems, Cityworks. They are an Apple certified MFi accessory developer and an Apple registered iOS Apps Developer and maintain active partnerships with other hardware, firmware and software vendors in the survey and GIS industry.